About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

Now this is a proper way to make a sequel.

It's been roughly a year since I played the first game, so the experience of it is still quite fresh, especially since it was a fresh experience compared to a lot of games I've played. This game is, essentially, more of the same, but [mostly] better. It is still crazy, unique and sometimes trippy level design, mostly linear, but with a bit of exploration (just the right amount to encourage collecting everything without wasting too much time). The plot felt a bit simpler, with me seeing a plot twist miles away, but then, right after that twist, which proved me correct, there was another twist, which I did not expect at all.

It is not perfect, though. There were a couple of moments that were a bit annoying, for example, especially those when you need to ride a ball. Detalization of the story and levels may not be as great as in the first game. Like, I doubt I will remember the levels just as vividly in a year, even though they were really nice, and some of them did have interesting quirks. The exploration of psychology was also not as obvious, I guess. Here, in most cases, you need to think quite a bit more about the "hidden meaning" of different elements and behaviors, compared to first game, where things were usually presented in such a way, that also explained the said meaning.

But nonetheless, this was a really good experience for me, and I definitely recommend the game. At least it's worth a try, although probably with a small discount (25% or more if you're lucky). I really wish that "Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin" would not require VR, since it is referenced in this game, but I am not sure I am ready to buy a VR headset for it or any other VR game.