About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

I liked season 1 of the show. It was not perfect, but it was good. Season 2 - not so much.

Though technically season 1 was not a thriller, it got very close to the genre on multiple occasions. The small location of the show kind of forced that. It forced neighbors into insane situation, where all hell breaks loose. Everything felt "personal". The situation was also nicely playing into characters' fears besides the obvious fear of the unique monsters.

The "team" getting outside of the building made sense. This was actually driven by the plot and was totally fine, and I was excited to know what will happen to them. But instead of hell breaking even more loose, it was season 2, that broke lose.

I do not think the issue is with the change of location, especially since at some point we get "The Stadium" which aims to replace an apartment complex from 1st season. I think the issue is with how "mundane" the monsters have become, and how there is no fear, no feeling of risk in [almost] everything shown in season 2.

We no have lots of people, with lots of them having little to no effect on the plot and sometimes even no backstory. There are so many useless characters here, that this was the very first time for me, when I was unable to differentiate among quite a few of them, especially those in the military.

Speaking of military: they are the main reason there is no feeling of risk. Even in the lore of the show in general it looks like "whatever happens - Crow Platoon will handle it". They are portrayed as the ultimate solution for everything. With almost no flow. "Almost", because their leader is often framed as if a villain for no real reason.

The show also had a huge time-skip, that left a lot of things to viewers' guessing. And while time-skip itself is not a sin, the fact that familiar characters' actions now make little to no sense - is.

You know what else does not make sense? The doctor. He is supposed to be smart, but he have not shown a single speck of intelligence, behaving like a total moron most of the time. I guess we need to think he is smart because he shows attitude to everyone, and talks to monsters (kind of).

Speaking of monsters - they are no completely generic. Gone are the unique designs of monsters based on people's fears and emotions. All hail generic zombies. Really, most of the monsters you will see here are just regular zombies, but they look a bit more alive, I guess. They have no personality, which was the selling point of the 1st season.

I don't know if original webtoon has the same problem - maybe it does. Or maybe it, at least, does not do this weird time-skip and handles things better and somehow makes everything make more sense. But as a TV show - watch just the 1st season and leave it at the cliffhanger. Do not waste your time on season 2.