About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

Looks quite ugly. I mean, the style in general is fine, but quite a few characters just look bad. Kind of like TV Hit or whatever the name was, although a bit less pronounced. On the other hand, this is meant to be "revenge" anime, so maybe that was the point. The lighting shade on everything is annoying to my eyes regardless, though. I mean the bright blue or yellowish or whatever else outline, there is just too much of it.

I am not sure about the concept here, too. Why would status afflictions be considered useless by a goddess, who maybe invented them? Something is not right here. Especially since right after that we see that they are not useless, as expected. I am curious to see how they will explain this. If it will be "oh he's got a cheat skill/trait" or something - will definitely drop it. If there is something more sensible, that for some reason people simply overlook these skills, then I may even consider watching past episode 2, if I will be able to get used to the art-style.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 2:

2nd episode was surprisingly better, because it slowed down, but it still was not particularly good, because the guy got stuff handed to him too conveniently. I mean the way his level raised from first kill was insane. And that did not make sense, because if he was level 1, and the mobs were so high level to give me over 200 levels of experience, they simply would not have died from level 1 skill.

Then he also got some money (in gems), and some scrolls/books that probably will make him stronger at some point. From the lore shown to us so far, maybe it made some sense, but from from narrative point - not so much. It's just too convenient, that there was a set of rooms, where people were dyeing off. Unless it was a prison, but it was not a prison, even though it was a dumping ground.

There was also this moment, when some random girl outside the ruins was shown, but it did not look like she went inside this ruin or if she did, she somehow missed the guy. At least, it looked like he went out of the ruins without finding any living humans. So what was the point of that girl?

To add insult to injury the choice of using such huge light outlines on the characters just made it look worse, than it actual is, since it made it look like there are lots of light-sources, which was not the case, even when the dungeon was somewhat bright. But anyway the point is clear - I am not sticking with it.