About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

It hurt me to watch this. It makes so little sense as a "survival game". And it was extremely chaotic in its narrative, too. "I will defeat the Emperor" moment, especially, such bullshit. Even though the guy was asking some valid questions. I wonder how they will spin the tale in 2nd episode now, but I will probably not watch further than that.

Also, the blonder guy is probably a villain. Or at least knows something about this whole thing.

Oh, and ah... Searching for the image for the post, I found a combicbook.com article, that says, this is "inspired by Squid Game". Yeah... Way to miss the mark here. The same article also puts "Attack on Titan", "Dr. Stone", and "Deadman Wonderland" into same "survival" genre. While all 3 are about people surviving, they are definitely not the same genre, not by a longshot.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 2:

No, it's just too bad. They made a good and potentially impactful "twist" at the end of 1st episode, and then essentially walked back on it. They are rushing things a lot, which does not work well, when you also have dozen(s) of characters to introduce at the same time (even if some of them are just there for the crowd). They are also relying on magic to cover up lazy and poor writing. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad in using magic, there are other survival games with magic that are good (like Darwin's Game, for example), but they all promote "smart approach", they all follow clear-cut logic, they have challenges in the game, that amplify the abilities the characters have.

This one does not do any of that. In fact, how is this even a game, when it does not seem to even have a purpose? Not even "entertain" or "leave only the strongest ones survive". There is no actual challenge to, since everything is expected to be solved by questions, that have quite straightforward rules, which already has introduced potential loopholes, which are abused by the magic, that is part of the rules, rather than smart use of that magic. Just... No. It could have been interesting, but the approach is simply wrong.