About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

This guy is more delusional than Eren Jaeger. I mean, Eren at least had some skills, even though they were average at best. But those skills were enough to reach his "dream" of killing titans and "tatakae!". This one does not have magic at all, and wants to become a mage, who is meant to "support the sky"? How?

And I know, some of you will argue: "But Mashle does the same thing". It does, but it does not. Mashle is intentionally absurdic. It is not trying to tell a serious story or to take itself seriously. It is a comedy and fighting anime first and further most. Wisteria, though, tries to look serious, down to earth, and it starts right away with the classic bullying both from students and teachers alike. By the rules established in the first episode, he can't get what he want, unless he changes the rules. Do you think he will naturally change them? By just working hard (which he is doing, clearly)? No, something in the story will force him to be "the only one", and thus the story will bend its own rules to meet his needs. Why? Because the guy is not going against the rules, he is blindly following them.

So, no, not sticking with this one. It looks cool, I give it that, but the way the story is built, I just do not see it growing on me. Especially with that antenna, which is way more pronounced, than it should be.