About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

Not sure about demihuman design, she looks too cartoonish and out-of-place compared to the rest. There is also an ogre that looks very similar to Shion from “Slime” and turns into child as if Shinobu from “Bakemonogatari”.

Character building is bad here, world building seems to be even worse, possibly because of the pacing. Sally freezing before 1st ogre should have been the end of 1st episode to provide more time to explore the world and characters, even if the initial pacing throughout the episode was slower, than the rest of the series going forward.

There were a few good moments closer to the end, so I will give 2nd episode a shot, but I predict it to be similarly mediocre.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 2:

Ogre girl is my type, I think.

And that Mikoto is clearly a girl, not a boy. (S)he is even voiced by a woman, from what I hear.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 4:

Watching this show in proper order makes way more sense. And now it is clear that Mikoto is a boy after all. I do understand why 2nd episode was released as 1st one, though, because 1st episode is pretty generic. But overall I think I am more interested in Frau, than anyone else here.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 12:

Such a pity, that some had a huge lapse of judgement to air the episodes out of order.. Not like watching them in order made this the best anime of all years or anything, but it made sense and it was good enough to warrant a proper 2nd season. The world-building was not best, but it was clear that there is a lot of behind the scenes going on and there is a big history underneath it all. Fights were decent. Somewhat simplistic, I guess, but decent. I would mainly judge poor choice of music besides a couple of tunes, but otherwise... I'd watch 2nd season of this.