About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

Chapter 109:

Is it just me, or the last portion of the manga seems a bit too hectic with seemingly new or bent rules being introduced quite rapidly and overall ending feeling like a cheap cop-out? Part of my bias here is that I had a huge time gap between reading majority of the manga and the last 30 or so chapters (in split form, so I guess it would be last 15-16 chapters), so maybe I forgot quite a lot.

Even with this, though, it felt somehow unsatisfiable. Even the drama was very superfluous. Like, here is a piece of drama, and then it's "resolved" the next chapter. With practically no details and no feeling of "release". The last few panels even felt forced, as if "we need to have a happy ending here". Which is ridiculous: you do not need a happy ending, it is fine for it to be bittersweet, especially considering how "letting go" has been one of the main themes of the story before... All this.

In short, I was disappointed. Art was great as always, of course, but the story just nose-dived. I mean with the "war" going on it already kind of was nose-diving, probably because of change of scale which just did not work out, but the ending was just... Bad. If they do end up making anime adaptation of the manga up till the very end, they better get in more details in the last few episodes.