About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

I am surprised relatively low ratings. I mean, it's not a movie for ages, it won't have an impact on generations to come, but it's still a solid movie. Yes, the story is not that good when you start to think about it, but the presentation and the dynamics should be good enough to still allow you to spend a nice evening with it. Some are criticizing the humor, and maybe it's not the best, but I think it's quite balanced, not trying to be too smart, but not one from teenage comedies (for most part at least).

It also has some serious topics. Sometimes they are brought up at somewhat inappropriate times, but I can see how it was done for humor affect, rather than randomly. Some instances of that do not work that well, but overall it's ok. And in general, this movie feels like a high-quality b-movie from end of 90s I guess. I was even reminded of some Jacki Chan movies in that regard. It's not trying to be more than it is, but trying to be the best version of itself at the same time. Considering the genre of action comedy - do you really need more?